Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I pissed off a highly respected member of the scanlation community.

To quote Goatse, the famous trol- I mean, "translator" of Laruffii:


Nah, that's just a drama started by an old translator-wannabee who can't read simple street talk coz he ain't never live in Japan.He went butthurt and all these haters showin' up along with Jacob from FAKKU who thinks he can use this situation for his advantage. We never talk to this translator-wannabee coz his japanese translation skill is a joke. He's probably using Google translate for his translation.
[...]
Don't mind them, Haters will always hate, Fags will always be fags anyway.

This is one of the many times he posted a rude comment about me. He now hates my guts because I've criticized his work (and more so his attitude) a few times, to which he reacted very negatively.

I've also pointed out his Japanese ability being very poor. I don't think he's even fluent in Japanese, let alone English. I laughed a bit when he actually claimed that he had friends in the manga industry.

2 comments:

  1. SECRET: 0
    PASS: 74be16979710d4c4e7c6647856088456
    If you read the OP of that thread and go "yep this is coherent english, I will commission a translation from these people" you deserve the quality you receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SECRET: 0
    PASS: 74be16979710d4c4e7c6647856088456
    > If you read the OP of that thread and go "yep this is coherent english, I will commission a translation from these people" you deserve the quality you receive.
    He does seem have friends though, my understanding is that his "translations" are liked by people not fluent in English (like French, Spanish speakers).
    It's his attitude that is the main issue. He does not want to fix his mistakes and calls his critics names like "hater", "bot", "autist", "fag" etc.
    He changed when he started his own group. You can see this by looking at his old posts and galleries.

    ReplyDelete